Monday, June 13, 2011

Enter at A

First we did this:

Then we added in a little of that:
and then we though we would try this:

and lo and behold we liked it better than western.


And we did well, for several years and were happy, but both of us being restless beings and needing to be challenged I thought "hey, lets try Dressage next!"
Oh no says my checkbook, not another whole new set of tack and clothes! After all how many saddles do you NEED for one horse*?
LOTS says I, but fear not checkbook for I am bargain hunter supreme!

First saddle we tried was too narrow and did not fit me comfortably either so back up for sale it went. Meanwhile many nice saddles were sold that would have been perfect, seemingly at least. But as a fortune cookie fortune recently told me "No need to worry! You will always have everything you need." And while it doesnt always feel like it (just ask my checkbook) things do seem to fall into place when needed. I sold the ill fitting saddle and rushed over to ebay to see what was available at my low bargain price (not low quality mind you, I dont waste my money on junk).

and lo and behold look what I found, a discontinued model Thornhill Lemond Pro Trainer. Not only did I snag it for a super bargain price of $350 plus shipping, its fits her well and is super comfortable for me also. We even took it out for a trail ride and survived!
Stay tuned for a report of our first Dressage lesson (heck our first lesson of ANY kind in years, yep doing it all by myself most of the time and on a very small budget, just call me the Frugal Dressage Diva :) )

*apparently 4 at minimum

No comments:

Post a Comment