Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Frugal ... Arab Costume maker???

Say what? Arent we supposed to be practicing for the Dressage show thats now less than 3 weeks away. Eh theres time for that later. Determined to do EVERYTHING with my Arab I got the crazy idea to make Diva an Arab Costume. Not only that but to make it in 2 weeks and for less than $100. Whats that I hear "your nuts", "no way"...oh naysayers and disbelievers. You know me not! When I want to do something I do it. I already have about 100 tassels made and that should be about enough for 1 row. I want 2 rows but that can always be done later. Ive started on the breast collar and my head piece but cant do much more til I get a few more supplies and some measurements of Diva (tonight). So far I have spent less than $80 and just need a few trim pieces and something for my pants. Worst case scenario I just use my breeches since I have a hunt class 2 classes later anyway. Its purple (duh!) and gold and here are some pix of the supplies and ideas:





No comments:

Post a Comment