Monday, August 13, 2012

More Western Dressage

Its been a crazy month since our last dressage show, with a trip out of state and a pleasure show added in between but we made it to another dressage show this last weekend. I hardly had time to practice so I choose to do the same primary test as last time in the percentage ride class and do the only basic one offered . It wasnt the same one we did before and I never even ran through the whole test before our ride time but we made it through. Diva was either tired or sore from the pleasure show so she wasnt quite herself and I came out of the basic class with no major issues but still feeling like we would only place in the bottom of the class. Much to my surprise we ended up 2nd out of something like 8 entries! 2 hours later we had our primary class. I tried to wake her up a bit and that helped some but she did something she never does, she fell out of the lope, twice! Something was off with her. Other than that we did ok but boy were my legs tired from trying to keep her going. Somehow, not sure how, we still ended up with 3rd in an even larger class IIRC. 70.435 for that one and 72.143 for the basic test. Lots of 8s and 8.5s but no nines this time ;) My part boarder also rode her in the morning in 2 intro tests where they placed 4th and 6th. She will get this week off until this weekend we are riding in COSTUME at Renaissance Fest for the first time! Then a couple weeks off after that. Show season is nearly done thank goodness!









No comments:

Post a Comment